One of the most important, if not the most important factor in determining the likelihood of success in any business or commercial activity is the ability to behave properly with people. Even in the early 1930s Dale Carnegie noted that the success of a man in their finances, even in technical or engineering are fifteen percent dependent on professional knowledge and eighty-five percent of his ability to communicate with people. In this context, it is easy to explain the efforts of many scientists to formulate and justify principles of ethical business relations, or, as they are often called, commands personal public relation or “business etiquette”. Business etiquette or process to live and deal in the business world could be explained in the following six principles:
- Punctuality (do all the time). Delays affecting the work and there are signs that one can not rely on. The principle of making all the time applies to all service project. Experts investigating the organization and distribution of working time recommend adding an extra 25 percent for the period necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Privacy (not show too much). In the institutions, companies or specific deals are secrets to be as good as those of a personal nature. There is also no need to recall someone heard from a colleague, supervisor or subordinate performance or his personal life.
- Courtesy, friendliness and affability. In all situations, it is necessary to behave politely, good and benevolent with customers, clients, customers and colleagues. This is not, however, need to be friends with everyone you interact in a work environment.
- Attention to people (think of others, and not only by you). The attention of people around you to cover colleagues, superiors and subordinates. Respect the opinions of others; try to understand why they have formed a certain point of view. Always listen to criticism and advice colleagues, superiors and subordinates. When someone questions the quality of work, show that you value the opinions and experiences of others. Trust does not prevent you being modest.
- Appearance (dress as expected). The main method is to fit in your environment at work and within the environment – the level of contingent workers. You should look at the best way, is to dress with taste, choose matching colors. Carefully choose the accessories is important.
- Literacy (speak and write good language). Internal documents or letters to outside parties shall consist of paying attention to the correct language is used, and all proper names transferred without error. Do not use offensive words. Even if you only quote the words of another person around, they will be considered part of their vocabulary.